In 1998 it was a revolution. Today it is a device that many tree care experts never want to miss again! By inventing the LockJack, Hubert Kowalewski has effectively influenced the development of tree climbing. The LockJack comes as a comfortable, efficient and easy to handle device for tree climbers all over the world.
The LockJack offers every climber, beginner or pro, a safe, dynamic and energy saving climbing in trees. Using footlock technique or foot ascenders the LockJack always allows for elegant ascent on the climbing line or along the trunk. In the tree crown a one-handed pull on the rope is enough to manage a permanently tight rope. While ascending on a rope with no load climbers easily feed the rope from top with one hand through the rope duct.
Climbing above 20 meters with a RopeGuide at the anchor point the climbing line tightens by its own weight alone. That’s how smoothly the rope runs through the LockJack and still it blocks automatically and safely.
In combination with a RopeGuide in recent years the LockJack has much added to the efforts in establishing an efficient as well as safe climbing style. Climbing with a system that is steadily being reached over while tightening finally prevailed.
The positive experience and feedback of the trainers with the Munich Tree Climbing Academy (M nchner Baumkletterschule) concerning the LockJack as well as the enthusiasm of their students speak for themselves!
LockJack 2 Basic features:
- multi-functional ascent and repelling device for the running double rope
- approved for descent with 2 persons
- certified according to EN 358
- for textile ropes EN 1891 from 11 13 mm
- the device can be installed on the climbing line without any threading
- body and parts are made of aluminium machined in the solid
- all worn parts can be replaced
- service life: 5 years
- tested with: 15 kN/3 min.
- breaking strength: ca. 25 kN
- weight: ca. 310 g