These climbing spurs are functional. The gaffs enable a great hold on the trunk and the grips a good stability in stationary position. Great to dismantle a trunk!
The shanks have an ergonomic design:
- the upper part follows the position of the tibia,
- the lower part ensures comfortable arch support.
The calf pad fits securely thanks to the large, flexible leather strap which attaches with a wide Velcro band. It fits snugly around the calf. Light-coloured, rigid leather combined with synthetic felt ensures the shank supports the tibia.
The gaffs drive in and pull out effortlessly. The side cutting edges cut the wood grain and the gaff’s lower flat surface leans on the wood grain. The curved form makes it powerful and ensures hold on the trunk in any position. Pyramid shape allows for effortless pull out. It also permits easy honing (two flat planes).
The grip included is a “comfort” accessory increasing ease of movement in the crown during rigging operations. You can walk horizontally on branches without slipping, side step or position yourself comfortably in a fork.
The “T plus” gaff guards cover gaffs during transport and storage and protect you from injury. The foot straps hold the foot correctly to the shank base.
- Shanks: painted stainless steel (2 sizes: S for body height < than 1.75 m and L for body height > than 1.75 m)
- Calf pads: supple leather (black), rigid leather (brown) fitted with thick felt and attached with a wide Velcro band.
- Underfoot plate: stainless steel
- Gaffs (5 cm): forged stainless steel
- Weight: 3 kg
The FTC Sting and Stay climbing spurs are available in 2 sizes:
- Small for body height < than 1.75m
- Large for body height > than 1.75m